History about our Dealership
It all started in 1958 when Jim Jennings’ father was the General Manager of a Chevrolet dealership on the south side. He had an application in to be a dealer, and when the Chevrolet Store in Glenview became available, Jim Sr. was offered the opportunity, which he eagerly accepted. He commuted daily from the south side of Chicago for about nine months and then purchased a house in Glenview. Jim was in second grade at the time and the dealership was located at the current location of NAPA Auto Parts on north Waukegan Road. The dealership moved into their present location in 1967.
Jim has worked in this business his whole life; from washing cars and cleaning parts shelves, to salesman and now owner. He started full time in 1974, with his brother John joining the company in 1983. In early 1986 the family acquired the Volkswagen franchise and together the two brothers began their journey. Their vision: “To excel in sales and service while maintaining the highest standards of integrity.” Excitement over the acquisition ended prematurely, as later in the year Jim Sr. lost a quick battle with cancer.
celebrated its 56th year anniversary in February 2014 and Jennings Volkswagen celebrated their 28th year anniversary in March 2014.